If you’re looking for a tasty but easy breakfast recipe for Christmas morning, try this delicious frittata recipe from Pilgrim’s Inn. If you have not had frittata before, it is like a quiche without a crust. Make this a day or two before and just re-heat it when you are ready. We serve this at the inn for breakfast and get many requests for the recipe!
1 pint heavy cream
1 cup cooked spinach (you can use one packet of thawed out chopped frozen spinach, but if using fresh you will need approximately 1 pound of fresh spinach to get a cup of cooked)
1 cup seeded diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
1.5 cups grated good quality sharp cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
2 pinches black pepper
Non-stick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- If using fresh spinach, saute in a hot pan until wilted and let cool. If using frozen, then follow package instructions for thawing, and squeeze out excess liquid.
- If using fresh tomato, saute briefly in a pan until slightly cooked, and let cool. If using canned, drain out excess liquid.
- Beat the eggs together in a mixer or by hand and add the heavy cream until well combined.
- Fold in the spinach, tomato, cheese, salt and pepper
- Spray a deep, 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray and pour in the mixture
- Place pie plate on a baking sheet to catch any drips, and place in oven.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 40 – 50 minutes or until egg mixture is light golden brown on top and center is cooked to an internal temperature of 160F (do not overcook)